Tuesday, November 22, 2011

good.

things are good. i can't put my finger on what exactly it is that's making this moment so nice, but it just is what it is.

i could be stressing because it's late and i have to get up early tomorrow morning.
i could be frustrated that i haven't even started packing for our trip to jer's family tomorrow.
i could be annoyed that i still haven't taken care of the piles upon piles of stuff in our room that i've left untouched.
i could be overwhelmed by all the laundry i have yet to put away.
i could be bothered by the fact that i forgot (again) to bring up a glass of water for my nightstand tonight.

i could be all of these things, so very easily. it normally doesn't take much to ruffle my feathers and drag me down.

but i'm okay with it. with all of these things. there is so much good overflowing in this moment.

i'm cozied up next to my amazing (and slightly snoring) husband. :)
my sweet little boy is resting soundly in his safe and warm crib.
in just a day, i'll be spending thanksgiving with the best in-laws a girl could ever dream of.
my home is warm. my fridge is full.
the love that surrounds me is always certain, though aspects of my future are not.
the One in whom i live and move and have my being is ever-present and ever-faithful, and in Him all things hold together.

i'm resting easy tonight.

(and just so i'm not leaving this post photo-less, here's one of my favs...)

No comments:

Post a Comment